Written by Greg from Cheeseland for Bartblog
Is the 9/11 truth movement gaining ground?
The 9/11 truth movement, comprised of various professional and grassroots organizations such as Architects and Engineers for 9/11 truth, We are Change, Patriots Question 9/11 and victims families like the Jersey Girls have made one thing clear in recent months: they are not going to fall into the memory hole of history.
Last month, Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth held a press conference at the Mariners Club & Hotel in San Francisco, CA, USA.
The organization announced that they have received more than 1,000 signatures from architects and engineers around the world demanding a new, truly independent investigation of the facts regarding the events of Sept. 11, 2001, saying that the conclusions drawn by the 911 Commission reek of cover-up and are not supported by facts.
The newsworthy item here is not that 70 million Americans are questioning the official story of 9/11, or that it may be a conspiracy theory, or that people involved in the 9/11 commission report such as Bob Kerry have publically stated that it is a 30 year old conspiracy. What is newsworthy is simply that the movement is now getting some coverage in the mainstream media in the U.S., and relatively more coverage in European media.
While the 9/11 truth movement does not make any claims regarding theories as to what really happened that day, the various organizations that comprise the movement do call for a new, independent investigation. So, who would do that?
One thing for certain is that it will not be the corporate media. The big stories are distractions such as Tiger Woods affair, Sen. Bunnings filibuster, or anything that pops up like a balloon boy or a Fruit of the Boom bomber. Never mind that at least 10 eyewitnesses that may have pertinent information as to what really happened on 9/11 have mysteriously died, including:
* Barry Jennings, former New York housing authority emergency coordinator, who reported that he had been blown back big explosions in WTC 7, claimed to have stepped over bodies on his way out of the building.
* Beverly Eckert, who lost her husband on 9/11 and did not believe the official story. She declined monetary compensation from the U.S. government for her loss and instead filed a lawsuit against the U.S. and Saudi governments. She died in a commuter plane crash in Buffalo, NY on Feb. 19th, 2009, a week after meeting with President Obama.
* Kenneth Johannemann, a janitor in WTC 1 who reported hearing massive explosions in the basement of the towers and rescuing someone from the basement who had massive full body burns.
* Bertha Champagne, babysitter for Marvin Bushs family. Marvin Bush was the director of Securacom/Stratesec in the months before 9/11, the Saudi and Kuwaiti-financed company that provided security for the WTC complex and Dulles international airport where Flight 77 took off from. On Oct. 10th, 2003, Bertha was found crushed to death by her own vehicle in front of the Bush family home.
* Deborah Palfrey, the infamous D.C. madam who claimed her call girls were chauffeured to poker parties hosted by Porter Goss, former CIA director and co-chair of the joint 9/11 intelligence inquiry. On the morning of 9/11, Goss was reported to have had breakfast with Gen. Mahmud Ahmed, head of Pakistans ISI, who was reported to have wired $100K to the alleged lead hijacker, Mohammed Atta. Deborah allegedly committed suicide after saying she would not do that on a nationally syndicated radio show.
Nearly every piece of big-spending and/or freedom-taking legislation, including two wars, FICA, the PATRIOT Act and almost everything that has brought this country to the brink of collapse has been justified as a response to what happened on 9/11. Perhaps even the media realizes that it is time for the American people to know the truth. If all that takes is a real independent investigation, then lets have one.
Want to Read More on this Topic? Click HERE.